The lamu Archipelago is a small group of Island situated on KenyaÂ´s Northen Coast line, near Somali. It is made up of Lamu, Manda, pate and Kiwayuu islands. Lamu town is the headquarter of Lamu District, one of the six districts of KenyaÂ´s Coast Province, which boarders the Indian Ocean to the east, the Tana River District to the South-West, the Garissa District to the North and the republic of somali to the North-East. The County has a land surface area of 6,474.7 Km2 that includes the mainland and over 65 Islands that forms the Lamu Archipelago. The total length of the coastline is 130 km while land water mass area stands at 308km DSC_0653 The streets of Lamu are nowhere more than eight feet wide. The proximity of the high stone walls cools the air and means that the streets are always in shadow. An unforeseen benefit of their narrowness means that there are no motor vehicles in Lamu; all transport is by handcarts and donkeys. There are over 160 historic houses clustered in Stone Town, all built to the same traditional design, with a central courtyard surrounded by long narrow galleries and a flat open roof, sometimes shaded by a palm- frond thatch shelter.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
J/G ‘K‘ LCPSB/ADV/2021/9 (10 POSTS)
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Public Administration, Business Administration/Management, Community Development or any other Social Science from an institution recognized in Kenya;
- Have Served in the grade of Administrative officer or in comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have Certificate in computer application;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the county development objectives and vision 2030;
- Proven knowledge and proficiency in computer applications; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Coordinating, managing and supervising the general administrative function in the Ward unit;
- Participating in development of policies and plans and ensuring effective service delivery;
- Establishing, implementing and an effective performance management system;
- Coordinating developmental activities to empower the community;
- Providing and maintaining infrastructure and facilities of Public Service;
Click Here to Download Application Form
Submit your completed Application Form to:
Lamu County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 536-80500
Copies of the following documents are to be attached to the Application before it is Submitted
- National Identity Card;
- Academic & Professional Certificates and Testimonials;
- Copies of clearance certificates from:
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID);
- Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission (EACC); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
Closing Date : 8 October. 2021