Job Vacancies: Water Recovery Plant Operators
Location: Kisumu and Nairobi
Job Objective: To perform efficiently such works as needed to maintain and operate the water recovery plant at WRP under the directions and supervision of the site –in charge.
- Reports to: WRP Supervisor
- Directs: does not supervise any employees but work in coordination with other operators creating an effective team with a healthy team spirit
- Others: communicates orally with fellow employees
This is a non-supervisory position which requires technical abilities/acumen.
Duties include, but not limited to, maintaining pumps, equipment’s, and facilities, collecting samples and other routine plant operations as will be required.
- Operate and maintain the WRP plant to produce optimum quality product.
- Maintain the plant system.
- Check water levels and pump operations.
- Check chemicals levels and refill.
- Maintain plant records.
- Observes and inspects plant quality of raw water and all plant equipment.
- Maintain chemical feed pumps to ensure proper dosage of chemicals.
- Backwash filters as required.
- Carry out chemical cleaning of the WRP as required.
- Prepare daily reports on plant operations and controls.
- Take hourly readings of all instruments and levels as determined by the process.
Required Abilities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to attend and understand technical literature and technical courses.
- Ability to detect problems in equipment operations.
- Ability to assume responsibility for complete operation of water recovery plant.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions requiring plant operation.
Educational Background, Experience & Training
- Diploma in mechanical, electrical and ERP
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in a water recovery plant
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th November 2021.
Clearly quote the job title and the location.