Senior Procurement Associate Job, Latest Procurement Jobs Kenya,
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger-free in close partnership with local partners.
Job title: Re-advertisement: Senior Procurement Associate
Contract type/grade: Fixed Term, G-7
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 3rd June 2021
Closing date: 16th June 2021
- Assist with the operational coordination to support procurement projects and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify, assess, and recommend potential suppliers and ensure vital data/documents are distributed to support the selection of suppliers.
- Issue tenders for services and
- Review and prioritize purchasing requests and provide recommendations to requisitioners for procurement of products at the best cost to WFP.
- Contribute to discussions with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders with mentorship from the Procurement officer to acquire the best terms and costs for WFP.
- Review and prepare purchase orders, contracts, and supporting documentation for approval by the partner to enable the efficient purchase of goods and services.
- Conduct research and analysis on a range of data to produce reports providing insights and recommendations to procurement officers for decision
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in
- Six years progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- Experience in procurement of construction works is desirable
- Proficiency in oral and written communication in English is a must
- Experience in procuring for emergency
- Demonstrate capability to work in partnership with other functional
- Strong understanding of procurement
- Strong research and data analysis
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in utilizing computers, including proficiency in using MS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E- Recruitment using the link below:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. WFP is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.