Windle International – Kenya
Position Title: ICT Officer
Contract term: Full-time, 3 months’ contract with possibility for extension
Background: Windle International – Kenya (WIK), a member of Windle International, is a humanitarian education organization providing education to refugees and needy Kenyans.
WIK was founded in 1977 with the belief that good education was essential if Africa was to meet the challenges it faced.
We are working with communities in Dadaab, Fafi, Wajir South, Turkana West, Turkana North, Dadaab Refugee Camp and Kakuma Refugee Camp on education projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The ICT Officer will be responsible for the ongoing support on installation and maintenance of equipment for purposes of blended learning in Dadaab.
She/he will be responsible for managing the projects computer resources, providing administrative services and technical support for all IT resources.
The ICT Officer will provide advanced user support and training for hardware and software and support the students to incorporate digital learning.
The ICT Officer will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the process of equipping the computer laboratories
- Installing and maintaining hardware, software and networks
- Ensuring networks are running efficiently and effectively
- Managing computer resources by maintaining an up to date IT register
- Providing administrative services and technical support for all networked workstations
- Ensuring the timely management and printing of examinations for the schools as and when required
- Ensuring all users adhere to network security standards
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with LAN, WAN, VSAT technologies
- Mastery of office software (MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Well versed in operating IT equipment particularly photocopy machines
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit your application online through the following link
Deadline for applications is Friday 17th September 2021.
All application documents MUST be submitted as one continuous document in either PDF or Ms. Word format and this document clearly bear the applicant’s names.
Windle International – Kenya selection processes reflect our commitment to equal opportunity regardless of one’s gender, disability, religion or ethnic affiliation. We work in schools and are committed to safeguard children from abuse.