Our Client, with interest in Civil contracting, Real Estate and Agricultural business, are looking for a Workshop Manager.
Reporting to the resident Director and General Manager, he/she will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day-to-day operations in the workshop.
The role is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day-to-day operations.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the General manager.
- Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on workshop operations and progress.
- Performs troubleshooting and diagnostics procedure on vehicles and equipment.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair
- Ensure that warranties are properly followed up, monitored, and documented.
- Organize Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and delegate specific tasks to concerned section
- Hands-on supervision of all workshop activities, especially technical issues.
- Forecast and order spare parts for specific jobs/special job or for stocks replenishment
- Supervise and follow up on actual progress of each individual repair job.
- Provide on-the-job training as well as coaching and mentoring to mechanics and helpers
- Follow up repair order, registering the time taken to complete each task
- Responsible for customer service, reliability and dependability by providing all fields with the technical assistance that they require from the Workshop.
- Test and approve operators for truck, excavator, loaders, cranes, grader, tractors, harvesters, etc.
- Conduct final check/test driving for all vehicles/trucks prior to release.
- Assists with the Interviewing and conducts hands-on testing of technical applicants.
- Support and full comply with Company and Departmental policies and procedures
- Monitor and provide feedback on staff performance
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
- Conduct any other task given to him by his Director and General Manger
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post graduate Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- At least 10 years’ work experience in workshop management and engineering, with at least 3 years in a managerial level
- Knowledge of workshop operations is mandatory
- Experience in mechanical repairs and preventive maintenance
- Strong internal control skills.
- Willing and flexible to relocate to Tanzania
Kindly visit: https://www.racg.co.ke/html/?p=all_jobs to create/update your career profile and submit your application, or send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject “Workshop Manager” by COB Friday 8th October, 2021.